|My Trek Speed Concept Draft Box|
- 1X Genuine Innovations Air Chuck SL
- 2X 16g C02s: Have to have an air source to get the tires pumped up. You could probably get away with 12g cartridges but I always packed 16g ones.
- 1X Spare Tubular: See the following article for the secret tubular tire. I pre-glue it and pre-stretch it.
|Buy Genuine Innovations Air Chuck SL|
- 1X Genuine Innovations Flat Stack Multi-Tool: This is needed for at least attaching the Zipp Valve Extender to the tire before mounting. It is handy as well if something else - like a seatpost - becomes loose during the race.
- 1X Zipp Valve Extender 60mm: I don't have this attached to the spare tubular already because the valve would be too long and the tubular wouldn't roll up as nicely. The length all depends on what type of wheels you are riding. If it is too long you may not be able to pump up a disc, if it is too short you won't be able to pump it up in any wheel.
- 1X Tire Lever: Can be useful in getting off a tubular tire before resorting to the razor blade.
- 1X Razor Blade: For getting a tubular off the rim after I super-glued it with many layers of Vittoria Mastik One.
|Stock Up On Tufo Tape Today!!!|
One word of note. I never used the draft box with the top and instead just covered it with a piece of tape. I find that using the top really limits what you can get in because of the way the top attaches to the draft box. 3M Extreme Strapping Tape is amazing product that I use and can be purchased from Home Depot. It is: ridiculously strong; somewhat transparent, isn't affected by moisture; is smooth; and can be peeled, put back, and re-peeled many times over.